The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at our school:
Mrs Chris Matthewman is the Head Teacher – responsible for:
- The day to day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the support for children with SEND.
- The Head Teacher will give responsibility to the SENCO and the class teachers but is still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- The Head Teacher must make sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in school relating to SEND.
Mrs Alison Lamb is our designated SEN Governor – responsible for:
- Making sure that the necessary support is made for any child who attends the school who has SEND.
Mr Richard Batchelor is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator – it is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on: 01833 650491 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.