This section of the website is focused on our Curriculum and provides an overview of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and the Curriculum offer for children in Years 1 to 6. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. It includes not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but also the range of additional opportunities that the school organises in order to enrich the experiences of our children.
Our Curriculum also includes the social aspects imperative for life-long learning. Our ‘Investing In Children’ Award demonstrates the importance of children having high expectations of behaviour and tolerance towards each other and feeling that they have a ‘voice’ in school. Cotherstone Primary School was awarded ‘Outstanding’ from Ofsted in February 2013. The school continues to maintain high standards believing that education has to continually improve.
Cotherstone Primary School aims to maximise social and academic potential for every pupil on their exciting school journey. We have provided information about our approach to Reading and Phonics at our school.
Recovery Curriculum (Autumn 2020)
For further information, please visit our how we will reopen our school safely section on our website.
Actions for Return to School
- Return to School (September Recovery Plan)
- Actions for Return to School
- Actions for Return to School (Bowes Hutchinson’s)
- Return to School Recovery Plan (Bowes and Cotherstone)
- Weekly lesson plan for whole school when transitioning back in
- Detailed Outline of books
- Developing Emotional Literacy Book List
- Unit 1 While We Can`t Hug Recovery Curriculum
- Unit 2 Stanley’ Stick Recovery Curriculum
Oak National Curriculum Overviews
- Oak National – Curriculum overview – All phases and settings
- Primary – EYFS – Understanding the world
- Primary – EYFS, KS1, KS2 – English
- Primary – EYFS, KS1, KS2 – Maths
- Primary – EYFS, KS1, KS2 – Music
- Primary – KS1, KS2 – Geography
- Primary – KS1, KS2 – History
- Primary – KS1, KS2 – RE
- Primary – KS2 – Computing
Please view or download our Curriculum Maps for our Year Groups. To view our curriculum in action, please visit Our Classes section of our website.
- Class 1 Curriculum Map Year A
- Class 1 Curriculum Map Year B (1)
- Class 2 Curriculum Map Year A
- Class 2 Curriculum Map Year B (1)
- Class 3 Curriculum Map Year A
- Class 3 Curriculum Map Year B (1)
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Cotherstone Primary we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.